Bathtub Party Day is celebrated annually on December 5. Bathtub Party Day was created to skip the common, every day shower and to luxuriate in the simple pleasure of a good soak in the tub. Gather your favorite bath bomb, a good book and a glass of Moscoto and let the worries of the day fade away while you relax in the tub.
Here is an easy bath bomb recipes you can do to enjoy a relaxing bath.
- 3 tbsp. Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- spraying bottlewith water
- liquid food coloring
- essential oils(optional)
- Divide 3 tablespoons of salt between 2 bowls. Add one drop of food coloring to one bowl and add a drop of another color to the other. Add more drops for a more intense color. Let the salts sit while they soak up the dye.
- Add baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together with a spoon. This would also be the time to add your essential oils. (I used 6 drops of peppermint in one of my matches and 6 drops of grapefruit in the other)
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil to your dry mixture. Mix all the ingredients together and make sure to smooth out all the lumps.
- Take a handful of the mixture and squeeze it together with your fingers in the palm of your hand. The powder should clump together. If it doesn’t you can spritz it lightly with some water in a spraying bottle. Stir well between each spritz and make sure the mixture doesn’t start to fizz in the bowl! Check regularly to see if the mixture clumps together.
- Add the colored salts to the batch. Carefully stir the salts into the mixture. I put a few salts at the bottom of my mold because, well, it looks pretty! Fill your mold one spoonful at a time. Press the mixture down firmly after each scoop.
Don’t forget to #BathtubPartyDay
Have fun in the tub.